Why go there
A lively waterfront precinct, Darling Harbour throbs with activity day and night. It has developed into one of Sydney’s largest dining, shopping and entertainment areas with exhibition and convention centres attracting large crowds.
One of the prime hotspots, King Street Wharf, is packed with sleek dining establishments. The Cockle Bay Wharf offers waterfront promenades with alfresco cafés, bars and restaurants. Across the water, lies Harbourside Shopping Centre, a dynamic mix of shops, restaurants and food to go.
Things to do
- Dine alfresco at King Street Wharf, Cockle Bay or Harbourside.
- Take a ferry, cruise, sailboat, yacht or speedboat tour from Darling Harbour.
- Free outdoor entertainment will keep everyone amused.
- Board the monorail for an overview of Darling Harbour and surrounds.
- Explore Sydney Wildlife World with its collection of animals unique to Australia.
- Catch the light rail to the Sydney Fish Markets, the second largest seafood market in the world.